Sunday, August 12, 2012

Headache Central

I have had a headache for the past four days.  When I have one that lasts more than a day, I am exhausted when it finally goes away, and (dare I say) a bit fearful of it coming back again.  Eventually, I begin to feel like myself again, even though I know that another one is inevitably around the corner.

This is what I feel I look like when I have a headache.  I think that we can all agree that it is a good thing that this isn't reality.

Feels like my head is twisting itself


Several months ago, I was inspired by my headache to write this poem.  It's not much, but I thought I would save it rather than trash it.

RASPBERRY


Lights are flashing
Hands are shaking
Who lives in my head?
Please stop partying!
Turn down the music and quit jumping on the floor!
Don't you have to work?
I can't believe my mind tenant is so lazy
Here's the deal:  I've sent your resume to some employers
You have to move
I'm evicting you
I'm THE landlord of my head and I want you gone
And I'm keeping the security deposit for punching holes in my walls

No comments:

Post a Comment