Friday, August 3, 2012

Doodle Dee, Doodle Dum

I go to a lot of meetings at work.  Some days, it feels like I do nothing but sit in different meeting rooms around the building.  On good days, the topics are different.  On difficult days, the topics sound eerily similar, and an 8-hour day can seem like that movie Groundhog Day -- a day that lasts forever.  Or actually, I guess, it would be a day that plays itself out over and over and over again.  Whatever, let's just say that those days blow.

The ability to amuse myself during l-o-o-o-n-g meetings is one of the only ways that I am able to keep my sanity and my patience.  When the topic is something that doesn't concern me, I have to find a way to recharge my batteries while sitting still.  Recently, my iPad has helped me refresh and renew my mind with my Noteshelf app that lets me doodle (while appearing to be taking notes).  I am NO artist, but I wanted to share my recent artistic endeavors.



Do you notice a theme?  I want a dog in theory (not so much in reality), so I spend a lot of time thinking about getting a dog.  Right now, I apparently spend a lot of time drawing dogs, too.  The dog above has a really big tongue ("the better to lick you with, my dear...")


The next one is my favorite:  I drew it during one meeting while we were talking about a topic that had been discussed ad nauseam.  i.e. we were beating a dead horse.  You are welcome to print out my dead horse for use in your own meetings.  (I've been asked what the red blotch is in the middle of the horse -- it's his intestines to indicate that he's dead -- I was a little afraid that the word "DEAD" wasn't enough.)

Next time you see me on my iPad, you can ask yourself "Is she taking notes or is she creating another Doodle Masterpiece?"  Only time will tell...



3 comments:

  1. I'm taking your dead horse to our first faculty meeting of the year. I know it will apply. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristy - awesome drawings. LOL... I will remember this when I see you in a meeting someday. ;)

    ReplyDelete