Sunday, July 8, 2012

100 to Caption This Photo

I hope you didn't think that I meant $100--I meant 100 chances.  Heck, take a 1000.  We don't have $100 for such things.  What do you think we are--1%ers?

Matt and I were driving home the other night through downtown Statesville when he pointed out this tree to me.  I had to go back today and take a picture.  I challenge you to a caption-off.


Here are my submissions:

  1. Is that a log in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?
  2. Just lookin' for a knot-hole
  3. Tree in front of Statesville Courthouse
I mean, seriously, don't you think that grounds people for the county would have noticed and cut this off (an arbor castration, so to speak)?  Or maybe, just maybe, Iredell County has grounds people with the best sense of humor.

So, yes, Matt and I are sometimes inappropriately immature.  (Though I think that might be redundant, since immaturity is almost always inappropriate.)  Scratch that.  Matt and I are sometimes inappropriately immature, but we giggled for several miles about this one.

Well done, grounds men, well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment